vortech head FI

KasaRyan at aol.com KasaRyan at aol.com
Sat Nov 20 19:44:41 GMT 1999

Actually I just got done putting vortech heads on a carbed engine in a 55
chevy - and they are great.  The reason the dirt trackers use votech heads is
that in unmodified form they flow better than any iron SBC heads.  I used
them because they work well and were only 370 bucks.  It costs 300 bucks to
get just a 3 angle valve job, new guides and springs around here.  And thats
on a lo=po stock set of heads.  So having the manifold only work on vortech
heads really isnt a problem - there are lots of manifolds and packages
availible for regular sbc heads.  I just wonder what the cost is going to be.
If it's 2000 or less, there might be more than a few people grabbing one of
these kits.  I saw it in Performance Chevy and it looks great - and it will
probably work a lot better than my current system.

Ryan