Lil Fuel boost

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Nov 23 03:53:26 GMT 1999

Dave Zug wrote:

> I understand the CTS and IAT affect fueling slightly.. If one were to,
> saaay, install a sneaky pete NOS bottle directly skwirting into the air
> intake, in general, what percentage of fueling increase can be had by
> quickly falsifying a 5 degree CTS or IAC on a 70 degree day? is it even
> worth it? and which would be better to fool, IAC or CTS? (less negative
> effects on other operations).
>
> Part 2:  In my work, we commonly add programming to ignore rapid sensor
> transitions (not only ultra high and ultra low readings, but rapid
> transitions as well), and mark them as BAD.  has anyone seen this type of
> error checking that might hamper my little trick?
>
> Part 3:  inject NOS before or after the MAF?? I say before... but systems
> commonly use after.
My experience is that CTS has a much greater effect on fuel/spark
parameters, and pulling the connector off or suddenly changing the
value usually gets results pretty quickly.  Simple flip of a switch to
send fixed value to ecm may be easier.  I'm talking in general, not
specifically for your ecm.
Shannen