Tailor made patches?

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Nov 24 14:46:00 GMT 1999

-> the bottom, roller cam, etc.  I just finished the heads tonight; they
-> go to Champion for the wireloc grooves next.

 I noted no less than *four* drillings from the exhaust ports to the
intake manifold face on each head, apparently for some old manifold
heating scheme.  The ones on the center port were enormous - one 5/8"
and one 3/4" hole. Investigation showed that only one hole - the
driver's side center 5/8" - was actually used, for the EGR.  The rest
apparently just helped pump heat into the water jacket.  I made some
plugs on the lathe, hammered them in, and welded around them.

 I'm not going to go with the Wirelocs; if I have trouble I'll just do
the copper O-rings in the block.