EMI Problems?

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Thu Nov 25 14:57:23 GMT 1999

Injectors are noisy by default. Whenever the power to a solenoid is
cut, a reverse spike is created. The ecm has zener diodes to suppress
this spike.

Problem is, is that the spike still gets radiated through the harness
on it's way to the ecm.

The fix is to put a diode at each injector. This is along the lines
of the diode found at the A/C compressor clutch wires.

BobR.