Baseline Throttle Plate Opening

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Nov 25 01:51:26 GMT 1999

Cut some letter/notebook paper into some stripes !/4" wide.
Set the throttle stop screw so there is a noticeable air gap.
Open throttle and set the paper strip at 90d to the throttle shaft.
Reduce throttle opening until the paper just will pull thru.
If a dual butterfly, besure it clears both sides.

If you have the throttle boy off, and some fine files.  You might consider
checking their closure.  Just use a majic marker on the perimeter, and snap
it closed a few times, the shiny spots are were it's tight.  Some TBI's are
terrible.
Grumpy