heated O2 sensor number for 350 TBI truck?

KasaRyan at aol.com KasaRyan at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 02:05:31 GMT 1999

I tried converting my 383 TBI truck to a bosch 12009 O2 sensor with disatrous
results.  I have since found that it is for 88-90 AMC products - so you just
know there has to be something wrong with that.  I believe it works 0-400mV,
not 0-1.0v like the factory GM sensor.  The heat is on a relay driven by the
fuel pump relay - so it has power whenever the engine is running.  It came up
with a value in only about 15 seconds - but it started at 100mV and never
went over 250mV at WOT. - So it went immediately into closed loop and started
adding fuel.  Once it got to 160 on int and BLM it went open again since the
number was obviously bogus.  Really bad driveability and mileage.  Took it
out after a half hour of checking other things, connections, etc.  Put the
original one wire sensor back in and everything was peachy.  Ok now - what is
the number for the Bosch sensor I do need that has the same parameters as my
stock one wire?
Also tried changing from 160 therm to 180 therm with 1/8 hole drilled in it.
Runs fine - but can see 1-2 deg retard at wot around 4500 - can't hear any
knock - is this acceptable?
Thanks for your help
Ryan Hampl