LS1 goodies.

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Fri Nov 26 14:44:22 GMT 1999

Economy at cruise is greatly improved with really low engine rpm.  The V-8
GM cars run about 1300 rpm at 60 mph.  City economy will be lower because
consumption at idle is greater with a larger engine.  The PCMs keep mixture
at stochiometric to keep the cats working.  In the early 90's some ran lean
during cruise but this was considered a defeat device and was disallowed.
Your LS1s on the other hand may use a lean cruise.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>