cfm calc

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sat Nov 27 01:50:48 GMT 1999

velocity pressure VP = (total pressure - static pressure).   if you assume a
MAX VP possible (normally aspirated) of 1 Atmosphere moving to a perfect
vacuum thru the opening  ..28"hg (gotta convert to "wc, I dont have the conv
here) you can get the highest CFM possible thru the opening.

feet per minute FPM = 4005 * SQRT(VP).. VP expressed in inches water column
("Wc)
CFM = FPM * port area in square feet.

hope I didnt mess that up -