cfm calc

Mike Swayze mswayze at truswood.com
Fri Nov 26 17:38:14 GMT 1999

I had read inthe archives that they were sized
based on a 1.5"Hg drop for two barrels and a 3"Hg
drop for 4barrell(across the throttle). I also had
seen calcs for engine cfm requirements at 100%VE.I
am assuming I can get %VE from cam
manufacturers(maybe a curve).The throttle body on
the manifold I have  has been guesstimated at
about 500cfm-from the rough calc inthe archives
the engine reqrments about 546cfm.I am also
wondering what pressure drop would be caused by a
turbo at moderate boost
conditions(dreaming)(something like accel
turbosonic adapter-draw thru).
Mike Swayze