454 TBI flow and 454 cam specks

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Sat Nov 27 04:14:47 GMT 1999

Stock Rochester 454 TBI air flow.........670 CFM @ 3"Hg pressure drop
airflow across the throttle blades at WOT.  I've actually measured this, as
opposed to just reading about it.

There have been a couple of different 454 TBI injectors over the years, but
the best/most popular ones flowed about 75 #/Hr each (static), at
approximately 10 psig fuel differential pressure.  These injectors have a
service part number of 17112560 (engraved with 17084304).

Cam specs for a late model L19 TBI 454 were roughly as follows:  192/203 @
.050" duration, .398/.430" lift @ 1.7:1 rocker ratio, 111 degrees lobe
separation, and tiny valve areas.

How much can the 454  2" TBI support?......275 Hp at near the stock fuel
pressure........ 425+ Hp if reworked for increased fuel pressure.

Walt.