454 TBI flow and 454 cam specks

Todorovic todorovic at home.com
Sat Nov 27 22:18:16 GMT 1999

> Stock Rochester 454 TBI air flow.........670 CFM @ 3"Hg pressure drop
> airflow across the throttle blades at WOT.  I've actually measured this,
as
> opposed to just reading about it.

Thank you!

> Cam specs for a late model L19 TBI 454 were roughly as follows:  192/203 @
> .050" duration, .398/.430" lift @ 1.7:1 rocker ratio, 111 degrees lobe
> separation, and tiny valve areas.

Wow, that is tiny.  It is a roller cam though, right?

> How much can the 454  2" TBI support?......275 Hp at near the stock fuel
> pressure........ 425+ Hp if reworked for increased fuel pressure.

I have seen these 454s run low 15s/high 14s in their trucks with a few
things, like open K&N filter, Chip, Slicks, headers, etc.  I don't think
that my 400 would run any more then 360 HP.

Is there any way to get rid of the EGR valve with the TBI system.  I have a
Performer Intake for my 400, but it is a non-EGR one.  Thanks.