Buggy GM code - was Re: 165 to late MAF

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sun Nov 28 02:13:12 GMT 1999

Bruce, just where you were looking at the MAF tables, at line LC6A9, there's
a table, the entry for 34.1 g/Sec (at location $C6AE, or offset $06AE) that
has an FCB value of 182. Now in fact, the BUA binary has a value of 132 in this
location - 132 - 182 - Obviously the GM coder who made the ROM table was
reading 182 and typed 132 (an obvious visual mistake!) - and the ECMguy realised
the error, and plugged in the correct value !!!! (this was one of the first
differences between the .PDF listing and the .BIN that started me wondering
about which was correct - the listing or the binary).

So, for those people running an unmodified BUA EPOM, consider changing (fixing)
your MAF table at offset $06AE from $84 to $B6.  Now, I can't say if that'll
make any darned difference, but, it's an example of buggy GM PROMs !!!

Peter Gargano, Tech Edge Pty Ltd.,  mailto:peter at mail.techedge.com.au
 http://www.techedge.com.au/peter.htm    http://www.techedge.com.au/
Ph: +61 2 6251 5519,   Fax: +61 2 6251 6646,   mobile: +61 15 289 172