165 Bosch MAF

Thomas Matthews tmatthew at stny.lrun.com
Sun Nov 28 06:56:04 GMT 1999

Ok- here's what I know...
I don't have a P/N yet... I have a buddy who used to be a Porsche mechanic,
but he hasn't been able to supply me with a PN yet. Still working on it, he
has a lot of books, but he's moved 3X in the last 2 years...
The sensor is 3.5 inside diameter approx, and is nearly identical to the TPI
one.
SLP used to sell them with a translator box as an addon, one of the guys on
the third-gen F-body list had bought one. They wouldn't flow as well as a
LT1 sensor though, cause of all the crap in the middle... But they were
expensive (memory recalls over $600).
I'd like to get a new MAF in any case, as I've had 2 go bad on my car and I
believe that they are overly sensitive to vibration, where the later ones
aren't so sensitive..
Will use on 89 F-bird, which is going to be D-1 supercharged when I finish
saving for the system... Should be able to swing it by March or so.
Would also like a MAF system on my old Bird also, but the Bosch would
probably max out at about 3000 with a alum headed 455.
Tom