Will there be a list??

Toby Corkindale tjcorkin at steadycom.com.au
Mon Nov 29 07:23:01 GMT 1999

Just a thought - it seems the major reason against the public
listservers is that we don't get archives, right?
Well, why not have someone collect the email and make an archive with
it, and host it?
It'd be easy to just add something like archives at one.of.you.guys.net
where that is a perl script on .procmail that just grabs the subjects
etc for an index and then puts the message into the archive. You have
CGIs to search, etc on that guys server and he can cope with the
relatively low bandwidth, but the list and all the associated large
bandwidth goes thru onelist or listbot or whatever.com

Toby