One-List Vote

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Mon Nov 29 15:46:46 GMT 1999

>this newbie votes yes
>Mike swayze

I like onelist, but this decision is up to John, Orin, and Steve. If they
have something private set up fine. If they get desperate, Onelist would be
OK---but it's their choice, at least until they abdicate !

Private would certainly be better, at least in my mind, but no lists at all
would be truly a shame!

I thought we had till the first of the year to do something, John et al
have been silent on this over the holiday, but that's surely
understandable--let's give them a reasonable chance to let us know what's
up!!

Bandwidth is certainly the biggest problem for these lists. Server
reliability and maintenance has got to be the second. My cousin's hubby
runs a fairly good sized server farm (physically located in Boulder, Co)
(he had 25+ years as a techy for big blue before taking an early out, and
he is _SERIOUSLY_ sharp on this kind of stuff). Bandwidth no prob--he has
at least one T-1 line and a frame relay into his farm. No idea what the
cost would be, but could sure find out in a heartbeat if those in charge
(John, Steve, Orin, again) need to know. Would also gladly give any of the
same three folks Art's e-addy if any of them want to chat with him directly
about the lists' needs.

Greg