One-List

Eric Clark eclark at hoser.com
Mon Nov 29 16:23:43 GMT 1999

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, David Cooley wrote:

> A private newsgroup isn't private.  They get spammed as bad as the public
> newsgroups.

I really dont think you understand what is meant by a private news SERVER

> one spam on this list sent everyone into an uproar a month or so
> ago...  How would 20-30 a day make the list feel?

or one with every message (onelist)

> Onelist is about the best public option around... With the choice of
> moderated or unmoderated, open or closed (have to verify new subscribers or
> ont) and built in archiving.  Unlimited bandwidth helps as
> well!  Especially since it is FREE.

Becoming dependent on others is a bad idea, onelist has no interest in our
mailing list other than to advertise at us.  I think other options should
be explored before going to onelist.

> Again, this was suggested as a temporary stepping stone until a permanent
> solution get's put into place.  Last we heard was we had to be off this
> server by Dec. 1 which is Wednesday!

Actually last post I read from Orin,  it was the END of december.

-Eric