Why not a private news server?

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Mon Nov 29 21:00:37 GMT 1999

I know this whole subject is trying to find a quick end, but has anyone
given thought to a message-board?  I'm on several (unrelated to EFI) and
the spam level is between non-existant and low.   The only problem is that
I've never seen one that archives.  Setting the message experation to
"none" would make it way to slow to use.

I don't care too much which way the list goes - I'm happy as long as it
stays around, and I'll offer what I can to help.   I'm somewhat experienced
with Linux so I'd be more than happy to assist with any remote admin stuff.

I may be getting a 192k DSL line, and at that time I might be able to host
a server as long as the bandwith doesn't get too bad.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com

At 12:59 AM 11/29/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I haven't heard why a private news server (not a public usenet group)
wouldn't