Step 1 completed(long)

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 5 15:14:16 GMT 1999

At 10:03 AM 10/5/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Mike Rolica wrote:
>
>Mike, glad to hear your V8 S-10 is running well.  Isn't it a kick?
>
> > type sensor off of a blazer, and now ECM works fine. No codes or problems.
> > Fuel mileage is now up to 29mpg.  Also if any of you guys state side need
>
>No shit?!?!   My V8 S-10 gets 16mpg/18mpg, which is comparable to the
>2.8L that was in there, so I thought I was doing pretty well.  You must
>be using a shorter Canadian mile or something!

I think they use Imperial gallons there which are about 1.2 US
gallons.  Still, 29/1.2 is 24.17 which isn't anything to sneeze at for a V8
S10...  My 97 V8 Ford explorer with 3.73 gears get's 18-20 on the freeway
and 10-15 around town (depending on how heavy my foot is...)
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!