Step 1 completed(long)

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Oct 6 02:50:59 GMT 1999

Mike Rolica wrote:

<snip>
  I downloaded a bin file editor that runs in Java for
> the sy-ty ecm,s. Just wondering if there is anything like that for a 165
> ECM?
Talk to Terry Kelly from this list.  His software is easy to work
with, and straightforward.  I've got a program that sold for 5 times
what his does, and it's biggest feature is corrupting prom files.

If not, I would like to work on or assist on making a program like
> this.  I bought a Snap-On scan tool from a local mech. for $35,
Holy smoking scanners Batman!!!!  An MT-2500?  Do you know what that
thing's worth?  Just how much whiskey did you give the guy before you
stole, err, bought it?
If you want to double your money today, plus a generous addition for
shipping, we may be able to work something out. : )

so the
> diacom can bite salt for the almost $1200 Canadian they want!  Now I just
> need a prom burner.

I've got the pocket programmer, but I'd recommend buying something
better.  There's some bugs with this one, it takes time to learn about
them.

> BTW how do you exactly get the bin file from the prom?  Is there some type
> of compiler?

Take the sticker off the little window, tip the eprom upside down and
shake it till all the little ones and zeros fall out. ; )  It's
actually pretty straightforward.  With mine I fire up the software
that came with the burner, select the correct chip type, insert the
Eprom in the burner, copy the file from the eprom and save it to the
hard drive.
Shannen