Step 1 completed(long)

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Wed Oct 6 12:37:51 GMT 1999

Yes  I think it is a MT-2500 and no I did not feed him any whiskey :-)  I
hope this thing works for what I need it for.  The mech. suggested I take
the course  that Snap-On offers for it, I think I may.  It is 2-3 years old
so I don't think it does 96 and up vehicles.  I got it right here it is
kinda small ! About  8" high 18" wide. He says it does FORD GM Chrysler and
some foreign crap too.  Oh he also gave me a set of fuel pressure gauges for
efi motors-has that funny fitting, umm oh damn forget what it is
called...looks like A/C fittings.  By the way how much is it worth??  He
sold it to me because I have his name on the back window, he safetied my
truck and was involved with helping me understand EFI when I first put the
305 TPI in it, helped get his little business going,  drew up plans for his
shop, handled the contracting for him, etc. He also got a different scan
tool too, from snap on I think, but  it hooks up to his computer.  He needed
it to enable him to do emissions testing that is soon to be implemented up
here.  It is a whole integrated unit.  I don't completely understand the
setup... or how it works. :-(  Man is it really that easy to get a bin file?
And modify stuff?  Just wanted to change the spark curve, tcc lockup
parameters, disable vats, etc. Motor is pretty hopped up, need to fine tune
it. I had nightmares of compilers disassemblers corruption debugging:-( etc
etc.  Just wondering if I can replace the EPROM chip with a Eeprom chip as I
have a Eeprom burner/eraser here at work. If so what chip type or what would
I have to do to convert it? Or is it just easier to get UV eraser/burner.
To bad I can't use a plc instead:-) work with them every day:-)

HE he he.  I thought d's f's e's and some 2's 9's ect would fall out too:-)
Oh don't worry, I've blown lots of carb motors in testing:-)  Have lots of
experience curving distributors, jetting carbs ( well 2bl rochesters used in
oval track series up here.) friggin power valves arrggg>:(
How bout 400hp from 2bbl with stock cast intake, none ported stock heads and
11:1 compression?
Before you say B.S.  remember oval track motor, huge cam peak power at
7500rpm. :-)
Wonder what efi would do to it?
Mike Rolica
EXT. 260