Step 1 completed(long)

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Oct 6 21:52:18 GMT 1999

Mike Rolica wrote:

> Yes  I think it is a MT-2500 and no I did not feed him any whiskey :-)  I
> hope this thing works for what I need it for.  The mech. suggested I take
> the course  that Snap-On offers for it, I think I may.  It is 2-3 years old
> so I don't think it does 96 and up vehicles.  I got it right here it is
> kinda small ! About  8" high 18" wide. He says it does FORD GM Chrysler and
> some foreign crap too.  Oh he also gave me a set of fuel pressure gauges for
> efi motors-has that funny fitting, umm oh damn forget what it is
> called...looks like A/C fittings.  Schraeder valve, like the tire.
By the way how much is it worth??
At least $2500 US with all the goodies.  If he hasn't updated it in a
while it will cost a bunch to do that, but still worth a bundle.  The
fuel gauges can be worth anything from $80 to $300 depending on the
quality of the set.
http://www.snapondiag.com/scanner.htm

 He
> sold it to me because I have his name on the back window, he safetied my
> truck and was involved with helping me understand EFI when I first put the
> 305 TPI in it, helped get his little business going,  drew up plans for his
> shop, handled the contracting for him, etc. He also got a different scan
> tool too, from snap on I think, but  it hooks up to his computer.

Sounds like someone who knows what work is worth.

>He needed
> it to enable him to do emissions testing that is soon to be implemented up
> here.  It is a whole integrated unit.  I don't completely understand the
> setup... or how it works. :-(  Man is it really that easy to get a bin file?
Ayup.
> And modify stuff?
Depends.... need data locations at a minimum, best bet is tuning
software. Easy to make changes, doing good work can require patience
and time.
Shannen