Turbo LT-1

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 7 00:34:53 GMT 1999

I have seen several postings mentioning  turbo & twin turbo LT-1's.  I have
>always assumed that what people do with a 3.8 V6 could be done better and
>faster with a 5.7 V8.      I would be interested in the level of
>modification required to an LT-1 "system" in order to get my Monte SS
(LT-1)
>into the 10 to 11 ET 1/4 mile times, by way of tubos that is.

I know you've received a couple good posts from Frederick and David, but...

What about Supercharging? There are some very nice kits available for the
LT1. I think a Vortech T-Trim with Aftercooler would fit the bill. Of
course, you need new pistons, head work, and blower cam, but there's guys
running *emissions legal* 500+ rwhp with these superchargers.

Shoot, they had a 725 hp SC LT1 in an issue of GM High Tech Performance not
long ago. The owner hangs out at the Camaro forum at
http://www.autoforums.com (Ask for George). ;) Of course, he's thrown a LOT
of money at that car...

All it really takes is money, I guess...

~Andrew (who's scrounging for a cam upgrade for his LT1 at this point....
;^D)