Turbo LT-1

Luke Joseph LJoseph at RFMD.com
Fri Oct 8 14:42:58 GMT 1999

>From what I hear in the responses, the GN V6 was built bullet proof from the
factory, so when you increase the boost, port heads, and change the cam the
foundation is there to support the extra HP.  On the other hand I would need
to beef up my crank, pistons etc. in order to take advantage of my larger
displacement.  This would be just the start since I would need the upper
half of the engine and turbos to give me the desired high boost and large
displacement combo.  I think in the future I might have to own two classic g
bodies since I can get a used GN or T-type for the money it takes to go
turbo on the LT-1.  Then I could have the Monte as a daily driver and GN for
a weekend flyer.  Thanks for the advice, by the way I hope to have my scan
tool interface board built up soon and the new exhaust system on the car.
The mods so far include the LT-1 Eibach springs,Koni shocks, new steering
linkage,ROH ZT 17x 8.5s riding on BFG 255/50's.  I still have to install my
hiem-jointed sway bar links and tubular rear lower control arms.
				Later,  Luke