Turbo LT-1

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Sat Oct 9 13:07:06 GMT 1999

Mike Licht of Modern Musclecar had a turbo'd LT-1 in a Impala SS at the
BUick nationals last june. IT wasn't too fancied up, it looked like a
driver to me. You might try contacting them at
http://www.modernmuscle.com/ (I think that's right) and ask em about it.

Luke Joseph wrote:

> >From what I hear in the responses, the GN V6 was built bullet proof from the
> factory, so when you increase the boost, port heads, and change the cam the
> foundation is there to support the extra HP.  On the other hand I would need
> to beef up my crank, pistons etc. in order to take advantage of my larger
> displacement.  This would be just the start since I would need the upper
> half of the engine and turbos to give me the desired high boost and large
> displacement combo.  I think in the future I might have to own two classic g
> bodies since I can get a used GN or T-type for the money it takes to go
> turbo on the LT-1.  Then I could have the Monte as a daily driver and GN for
> a weekend flyer.  Thanks for the advice, by the way I hope to have my scan
> tool interface board built up soon and the new exhaust system on the car.
> The mods so far include the LT-1 Eibach springs,Koni shocks, new steering
> linkage,ROH ZT 17x 8.5s riding on BFG 255/50's.  I still have to install my
> hiem-jointed sway bar links and tubular rear lower control arms.
>                                 Later,  Luke

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.034 at 110.44     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral