High current drivers (was: RE: GMECM Digest V1 #295)

the Fredericks fredericksk at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 10 21:11:48 GMT 1999

An external driver is doable.  Cherry Semiconductor makes a nice peak and
hold IC driver that opens the injector with a large current, then drops to a
hold current when a threshold current is met.  This is nice because it
reduces power requirements and improves transient response, especially on
closure.  I'm planning to buy some of these soon to do driver upgrades to
some 148 ECUs; contact me if you want some or want to discuss building an
external driver box.

Regards,
Kendall Frederick