Intro and project

Peter Fenske Peter_Fenske at bcit.ca
Tue Oct 12 23:22:55 GMT 1999

Howday Bob..

Lots of ways to do VSS.. Jtr ect sell inline adapters.

With speed density gravitate to the 730 ecm.. Use AUJP cal and
J car harness.. sensors pretty much the same..

With cal you can use the ecm guys stuff to remap the calibration
ANHT is almost the same.. For a 403 with the low revs I think
the 22 lbs injectors ok..You can fine tune with the fuel
pressure or with the injector flow constant.

Jeesh you can grab a ford rail and silver solder it
to fit.. Lots of bosch but most are like ford or gm.

:peter

1.  What do I do for VSS?   I need the mech. drive for the speedo.
2.  Do I stay MAF, or get a cal for speed-density?  I have no problem
ducting the MAF sensor, and I have 2 known good units.
3.  I've changed out the 350 for a later 403 motor.   Will the 350 cal
work
if I bump the fuel pressure a little, or will I need larger injecters?
4.  Will the TPI throttle body flow enough for the 403?  The motor is
fairly close to stock (it's a mystery motor.  All I know is that it was
"rebuilt"), iron manifolds and full duals out to the back.
5.  Should I stick with the 165, or try and get a later unit?
6.  If TPI injectors won't work with my fuel rail, are there any large
enough Bosch units for my needs?