V6 calibrations, (TCC)

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Oct 15 22:16:14 GMT 1999

dhardin at ovec.com wrote:

> Your notes were very good and that is how I understand it, but I have one area
> in question....that is bit $34,#$10 you have as TCC and bit $34,#$80 as A/C.
> What I think is bit $34,#80 is the TCC and the bit $34,#10 is a flag set/cleared
> from the previous pass of the code.  If you search the whole chip you find bit
> $34,#$80 used quite a lot in the other logic; however bit $34,#$10 is only used
> here.  Sometimes in this section of code bit $34,#$80 is set without bit
> $34,#$10.  I hope I'm not too confusing here.

Wow, you did take a good look at it. I understand what you are saying, and
am going to test these bits this weekend. I've written my own routine that
I can change, assemble and patch easily. I'll be sure to post the results.

> Oh a couple things I think might be in question here also:
>
> Tbls: Hi Gear A/C, Lo Gear A/C, Hi Gear, Lo Gear
>

> ere's what I think:
> 0037B    5   5  39  42   0   0   0   0  26  38  54  77  97 102 102 102 102
>         3rd gear lock
> 0038C    5   9  39  42   0   0   0   0  26  38  54  77  97 102 102 102 102
>         4th gear lock - not used in ARDC (3 speed tranny)
> 0039D    4   4  38  40   0   0   0   0  51  90 102 115 133 133 133 133 133
> 3rd gear unlock for hyst. band
> 003AE    3   9  38  40   0   0   0   0  82  90 102 115 133 133 133 133 133
> 4th gear unlock for hyst. band - not used in ARDC
>
> Each of the above four lines in order:
>

> ere's what I think:
>         Min tps% to stay locked, decel unlock
>         Delta tps% for quick unlock
>         Low mph for unlock
>                                                                         -  Vss
> for no A/C
>         High mph for a lock
>                                                                          - Vss
> for with A/C
>         tps% versus mph for unloock tps% required (13 entries)
>
> What do you think about it?

I've used a scanner and monitored the A/C compressor cycling along with
the tcc tps% and mph points changing. The A/C bit used in the bin follows
whether the ecm has requested A/C or not, not the dash switch. This makes
for some strange unlock/lock happens as the compressor cycles.

The 13 tps% entries start at 12mph and end at 100mph. Each increment
is by 8 mph: 12, 20, 28  . . . 100mph. The bin value is multiplied by 0.39
to give the actual tps% value.

>  I wish I had waited for your notes, but I think working it out for myself help
> me to understand it better. I still could be wrong though.  I did change some
> numbers on the Vss lock/unlock speeds and they worked as I suspected.
>
> Your Vss numbers are quite high.  Does your TCC come in that late?  Mine came in
> around 33 MPH and I changed it to 30 MPH because it seemed too late.  Of cource
> I don't have OD and I think the Z24 has 3.73 gears.

Again, these numbers I am sure of. I have this bin in my daily driver as it came
from Gm. So yep, with A/C on, locks at > 42 and unlocks at 39. The one thing
that got me started on the tcc code was that when the A/C is off, it took a lot
of go pedal to get the tcc to unlock. (not any more).

I tried lower tcc mph lock speeds, but in OD it lugged terribly.

BobR.