new to list

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Oct 18 00:10:16 GMT 1999

> Especially when one looks at the actual amount of "high performance"
> changes that were done on it over stock. No "bad press" intended. (well
> maybe a little raw honesty)

Usually, a cam for 100 bucks makes more of a difference than a chip, and
most ECMs can tolerate some cam change.

>  Like I said, this list has a BUNCH of talented chip programmers. Listen
> to them closely.

And some of us are still beginners experimenting as we go.  Anyone need
some mopar stroker rods that I killed? :)

>  The biggest problem with performance chips, IMO is the large variey of
> combo's. There is no way someone in california can tell to the "t" what
> works on your car. You are better off figuring it out yourself.

Absolutely.  The analogy is for carb tuning... you (or I) adjust your
carb for your engine combo and your driving habits and your vehicle
weight.  EFI pretty much works the same way.  That's the same reason why
the code is different across all the GM V6 (or v8) applications - I'm
sure if GM could use the same code across the board they would.  But,
they can't.  And Dan is right, your engine combo is different than the
chip makers more than likely, therefore you more than likely, need
different settings.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology