mode 7 DIC info

Kevin Margitta speakerconnection at home.com
Mon Oct 18 04:37:17 GMT 1999

Hey all,

I'm working on a aldl DIC tool which will use info from the ecm to ouput DIC
type info.  I'm using an ecm which runs 8192 baud, and am sending a mode 7
request. I'm sending F457074569.  Just curious if there is an idle high line
for 10 - 15 bits before the response or if the response is basically
immediate.  Also, what should the exact reponse be? I am assuming it should
be F4 XX 07 YY (XX= length, YY=checksum).

Any info you can help out with would be great.. much appreciated all!  would
be glad to share all the assembler code when it's all done... should be a
fun toy for any 8192 car/ecm with very few mods for other ecms :)

Cheers,

Kevin Margitta
SpeakerConnection at home.com

88 Lesabre T-type, 3800 series II S/C, 4T-60E, 93 ecm