GM 2732 won't program

Mike Turner/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US MikeTurner at kemet.com
Mon Oct 18 13:33:53 GMT 1999

Speaking from way too much experience programming 2732's and other eproms,
the programming voltages and algorithms vary by exact part number. A 2732
does not program the same as a 2732A which is different from a 2732B. Also
beware of 2532's which some people have erroneously assumed are 5 volt
2732's. Around the 2716/2732 period, manufacturers were doing lots of
development work, almost none of which crossed over to other manufacturer's
chips. I can't remember who were in the groups but there were three groups
of makers that were nominally similar. TI was in one group. I think
National was in other big group. IIRC, Intel was in the same group as NS.
There was a third group that was similar to nothing else in the universe
that we always avoided but it's been too long ago. If this gets to be a
real problem, I have some old notes stored away but they are something of a
hassle to get.