emulator

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Mon Oct 18 20:24:10 GMT 1999

Mike Rolica wrote:

> What is the emulator? Is it something like carprom? If so, I'm interested
> and would like to help in any way.  I have quite a few catalogs here at work
> and usually get a pretty good corporate discount, sometimes 5% above cost.
> Let me know on any part #'s any I'll get info on cost etc.:-)
> Mike Rolica
> EXT. 260
>  :-)

Mike, an EPROM emulator is a device that plugs into an EPROM socket but
really uses a static ram (or maybe flash).  Advantage is that it can be
re-programmed in circuit quickly, at best without shutting off the car,
at worst you pull over, make changes, restart, and you're on your way.
No EPROM programmers, no 30 minute wait for the UV eraser, etc.  When
you're satisfied you burn one EPROM at the end.  I don't remember the
particulars of this emulator, but I'd guess that it also requires a
laptop in the car for downloading changes, plus your favorite bin
editing software.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet