PC Boards for ALDL

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 19 02:18:33 GMT 1999

Hey guys...

I thought I might throw this out here as well. I'm going to start building
MAX232 interfaces for a bunch of the F-body guys (thanks to some programming
software that's coming out ;) ), and am going to be having printed circuit
boards made per Peter Fenske's circuit (1 MAX232, 6 caps, 9 resistors, 4
NPN's, and a 7805 Voltage Regulator). Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone here
would:

1) Want a fully assembled and tested unit ($50 US)
2) Want a bag of parts so they could put 'em together ($40)
3) Want just a little printed circuit board so they could build their own
($15).

The plan is to put the boards inside the clamshell type DB25 Null Modem
adapter. One side would be RS232, the other would be ALDL. Cigarette lighter
adapter (with internal fuse ;) ) hangs precariously out of the unit for
power. <G>

If there's any interest in boards, cables, or whatnot (I realize a lot more
guys here do their own soldering versus over in the main F-body camp), let
me know off list.

Thanks-

Andrew