Bosch MAF sensor question

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 19 05:22:19 GMT 1999

Hello All:  What I hope is a quick question.  The L98 MAF reads to about 255
grams/sec.
My engine being normally aspirated hits this level of flow at about
4600-4700 rpm's.  Is there a way to make a software patch that allows flow
to be read to double that?  Is there a maf that will read more?  I seem to
remember comment about a Bosch Porsche 928 MAF sensor.  I also remember
reading somewhere about a maf doubler for the GN 3.8 Turbo engine.

 I have a friend who's turbo 406 is hitting the 255 grams/sec at about 3000
rpm's at 50% throttle and 2500 rpms and 50% more throttle to go!

Mark