LT1 LOW FUEL PRESSURE

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 19 18:26:11 GMT 1999

At 02:20 PM 10/19/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I tested the regulator by pinching the return line and watching the fuel
>pressure gauge while pump was on ( I could hear it running).  I could see no
>increase in pressure.  I have tried both the 5/16(original vent) and
>1/4(original return) as the current return.  With the same results.  Sorry
>about such basic questions but I've got to get to the point were she is
>running before I can start playing with scanning and programming.  Thanks,

Luke,
I'd check in the tank if the pinched return line didn't increase pressure...
Did the tank/pump assy have a "pulsator" on it?  Looks like a turtle and
goes between the pump outlet and the fuel line in the tank... If so, remove
it and replace it with a section of high pressure FI line and clamps.  The
pulsators love to seperate between the metal and plastic and leak pressure
right back into the tank.  If not, ensure you used a good piece of FI fuel
line between the pump and the line, and also that you have a good pickup
sock on it... Pickup socks will collapse sometimes and plug the inlet.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!