PC Boards for ALDL

Jared Tschetter jtschetter at vermeermfg.com
Tue Oct 19 20:04:44 GMT 1999

Andrew,
That is what I thought at first but this line confused me (not that hard to do)
:

"The plan is to put the boards inside the clamshell type DB25 Null Modem
adapter.
One side would be RS232, the other would be ALDL."

Have you checked into the Snap-On GM1 connector?  I hooked some of the f-list
people up with my dad (dealer) and I think he was selling them $30/each
shipped.  He would probably make a better deal for a mass purchase.  These
already have a plug for the cig lighter too.  I could probably find out which
pin it comes in on for you.  That way you would not need the separate 12v in
your board at all.  Just an option.  Let me know.

And thanks for all the work you are doing on this stuff!  It makes it a lot
easier on novices/non-engineers like me!

Jared T.