Ultrasonic Injector Cleaning

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Tue Oct 19 12:37:21 GMT 1999

I'd watch the label really close on using something other than what it's
slated for.  ie some jewelry cleaners are abrasive.  If it took more than
Stoddard Solvent, I'd send it/take them to a shop that does them for a
living.  I always pays to have a good shop that your on good terms with for
such things.  Lots of tune-up type shops are investing in injector cleaners.
  One thing I have noticed is, a good cleaner, can make a remarkable
difference when run just "in car". Trouble nothing in a plastic can is worth
$---, IMHO.  The slick 50 (now Quaker) fuel system conditioner came in a
metal can, and here at CSH, we had 99% good results from it.  If you have
accumulated any water droplets in the (ie not enough filter changes/no fuel
water seperator) then the alky in a bottle cleaners will generally work on
those problems.
  I can't see where an Ultrasonic cleaner is any better then running a good
cleaner thru the injector..  Also, heck of alot safer leaving them of car
for the DIY.  If your really not clear on things, you can have a disaster.
Grumpy