Ultrasonic Injector Cleaning

Craig Moates craig.moates at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 20 12:14:03 GMT 1999

Christian,

Definitely not. Naphthalene is a solid single-component aromatic compound,
while naphtha is a mixture of various hydrocarbons, typically used as a fuel
blendstock. If you really want a kick in octane, look into para-xylene. It
should be available retail (hardware store etc.) but check this out with
some others before you go and do it.

-Craig Moates
Research Engineer, Exxon R&D Laboratories