LT1 LOW FUEL PRESSURE

Luke Joseph LJoseph at RFMD.com
Wed Oct 20 13:50:30 GMT 1999

I pulled the sending unit out last night and sure enough the hose connecting
the pump to the fuel line had split.  It was a real soft spongy type of
hose.  My guess is that they purposely made these hoses to blow out first in
case of high pressure.  That way you have the fuel spill contained in the
tank.  Anyway, I replaced it with some F.I. hose and some hose clamps.  The
question now is, if there is a restriction in the supply/return large enough
to cause this or is it just a piece of crap hose to start with.  I think I
will do the flow test first in to a gas can on the supply side and maybe do
some thing similar on the return to check for any large restrictions.  By
the way the return is 5/16 all the way back until it gets to the gas tank,
there it switches over to the 1/4 line, which is the return on the sending
unit.  Looks like many of you hit the nail right on the head THANKS FOR THE
HELP!
					Luke