O2 Default.

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 21 12:36:37 GMT 1999

At 05:41 PM 10/21/1999 +1000, you wrote:
>When you disconnect an O2 sensor, does the ECM stay on the same BLM or does
>it go lean/rich in the hope to see some changes?.
>Tried it on my car, went very rich after 4 days of driving (to the point of
>being undrivable), I didn't have any tools hooked up to see what the ECM was
>thinking.

2 things can happen...  It can set a code and go to limp mode which fixes
timing and dumps a ton of fuel in, or, if it doesn't go to limp mode, it
will incrementally add fuel trying to see a change until it hit's the
programmed limit for BLM/INT (Pig Rich)

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!