emulator

Geoff Richards geoffsue at one.net.au
Thu Oct 21 09:34:05 GMT 1999

>Mike, an EPROM emulator is a device that plugs into an EPROM socket but
>really uses a static ram (or maybe flash).  Advantage is that it can be
>re-programmed in circuit quickly, at best without shutting off the car,
>at worst you pull over, make changes, restart, and you're on your way.
>No EPROM programmers, no 30 minute wait for the UV eraser, etc.  When
>you're satisfied you burn one EPROM at the end.  I don't remember the
>particulars of this emulator, but I'd guess that it also requires a
>laptop in the car for downloading changes, plus your favorite bin
>editing software.

sorry to drag out old news but i gotta work this out
Pull the memcal from the ECM and plug the emulator in instead : right ?
How do ya make the emulator do the job of the memcal ?
does it need programming ?
is a 'bin' a binary file ?
Would someone send me a 'bin' so's I can see what you are playing with ?
What is the favourite editing software ?
last but not least
Long time ago was post regarding d/loading archives and stripping all
the BS off them, would that post still be listed in the archives or are
only certain posts kept ?
TIA
Geoff