When asking ecm questions

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Oct 23 18:45:28 GMT 1999

>  So to go backwards from your post, I can use FWD computers on a GN? Might be
> good to know :-)

Yes, you can.  A few wire movements on the ECM connectors, GN chip, and
its good to go.  Ran the GN code on a FWD engine, and GN code on a RWD
4.1L block I converted into a twin-turbo engine.  The stock GN code
didn't run that great with the two turbos, the alky, or the level of
boost we wanted, and eventually we went electromotive Tec II, but it was
a good start.

In reality, most ECMs don't care what they are hooked to, as long as the
sensors and sensor ranges are very close to its expectation.

This is why I can graft a 149 ECM to a Mopar stroker :)

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology

Tele: (203) 372-2707