When asking ecm questions

the Fredericks fredericksk at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 23 23:49:50 GMT 1999

Jim,
Yes, the FWD (or any other application) of the 148 computers will plug in
and run in the GNs.  My car is currently using a U-pull-it ECM from some
hapless FWDer, modded with the peak and hold drivers for my 55 lb/hr
injectors.  I've also sold several ECMs and done a couple of 84 conversions
with junkyard 148 ECMs.  To add the 86-7 computer to an 84-5 GN, you need to
add the wiring for a MAT to the harness.  The calpak (small ROM) may be
different; in my experience, it has been and will need to be swapped along
with the EPROM.

Kendall Frederick