305 TBI for a 355

Thomas Matthews tmatthew at stny.lrun.com
Sun Oct 24 04:51:41 GMT 1999

Igor- the BBC TBI is the truck 454 TBI... IMHO, Bruce or Shannen? had a list
of what the various GM injectors, by app and by color code flowed. Of course
I had a list of what the Holley injectors were by color code from Holley,
but I managed to lose them, and I think that I forgot to post them to the
list. Go and pick up the book Fuel Injection by Jeff Hartman, it will
explain how to choose an injector based on HP, type, and duty cycle... Also
explains how to calculate flow rate changes based on raising or lowering of
fuel pressure, but I really don't think that the 305 TBI injectors will cut
it in anything other than a dead stock 350 with restrictive intake and
exhaust putting back and forth to church below the speed limit.
Start looking for a PC- based scan tool with ability to log at least 10 min
of data, and a EPROM burner and EPROM eraser. Some have built their own, but
that's a tall order for a beginner, especially if your electronics
experience is less than your car experience.
Don't forget- run too lean at WOT, and trash the motor- are you sure you
want to take chances?????
Blow up the motor racing a Mustang and you will REALLY look silly.
Read the archives 2X, ask once!
Also suggest searching on the thread new guy, or new to list . That will
give you a basic primer in fooling with the ECM.
Tom