305 TBI for a 355

Todorovic todorovic at home.com
Sun Oct 24 05:08:34 GMT 1999

> Igor- the BBC TBI is the truck 454 TBI...

BBC....I am a moron sometimes.  It's like asking "what is a SB Chevy"

> Start looking for a PC- based scan tool with ability to log at least 10
min
> of data, and a EPROM burner and EPROM eraser. Some have built their own,
but
> that's a tall order for a beginner, especially if your electronics
> experience is less than your car experience.

I have some experience building motors and with electronics/computer
programming.  As for knowing how much a PC-based tool or a EPROM
burner/eraser costs,  I have no clue.

> Don't forget- run too lean at WOT, and trash the motor- are you sure you
> want to take chances?????

No lean please!  I had a fuel-boil problem with my 455 when I first built
it.  Still had a stock cast intake and a Q-jet with no heat shield and a
thin gasket and it would run out of fuel at WOT at higher RPM.  Always
scared the crap out of me, but didn't end-up blowing the motor so that was
good.

That is why I am so reluctant and want to ask as many people as possible.
Some guys just go, "oh yeah, it will work just fine.  All you have to do is
change the chip".  Hmm, sounds too easy.

> Blow up the motor racing a Mustang and you will REALLY look silly.

Yup!

> Read the archives 2X, ask once!
> Also suggest searching on the thread new guy, or new to list . That will
> give you a basic primer in fooling with the ECM.
> Tom

Thanks.  I am having a little trouble with the archives for some reason.
Will try again tomorrow.  Igor.