ford ecu

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 25 17:07:59 GMT 1999

At 10:13 AM 10/25/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, David Cooley wrote:
>
>How do GM MAF sensors prevent crud from getting on the elements? Would it
>be possible to retrofit a GM MAF on a EEC-IV vehicle? Or is it just the
>shape of the passages in the housing that keeps the crud off the wires?

The GM "hot wire" MAF sensors have a "burn off" RELAY.  When you shut the
car off, it applies ful voltage to the wire, not the low current it uses
for measuring and heats it to the point it smokes the crud off it.  Don't
know why ford didn't do that.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!