TPI MAP, Fans, Questions

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Tue Oct 26 11:36:03 GMT 1999

>1.  MAP sensor - it looks like the TPI doesn't use a MAP sensor.  Am I
>correct?  This is a MAF system (165 / ABYA).   There's no connector on the
>harness, and nothing about it on the schematic I have. Am I looking too
>hard? ;^>

MAP started in 90

>2.  "EGR Vacuum Sensor Signal".  What is this, can I just leave it
>disconnected?

Look at wiring real close, a simple 4066, and a couple comparators might get
you by,

>3.  Can I just leave the park/neutral input (B10) open so the ECM thinks
>it's permanantly in gear, or does this need to be a real input?

No, IAC reset if linked to VSS

>4.  Will the ECM care if the cooling fans are not hooked up?   I'm staying
>with the stock clutch fan for now... one less thing to deal with.    Just
>dummy up the fan relay with another resistor?

No codes involved, it don't care
Some one with a BCC book can id the bin for year application
Grumpy

BTW, I was temporarily stumped as to why my harness didn't have a wire on