TBI, TPI, Radical Engines, (Todd)

Frederic Breitwieser Frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Oct 26 15:00:56 GMT 1999

>Anyone know the TENSILE, SHEAR, and COMPRESSION
>strength of an average forged connecting rod?
>Say for a big block?

what is the material, who made it, is it shot peened, magnifluxed, new, old,
what bolts, etc?

>P.S. - FRED B., what caused your T.T. EFI B.B.
>Mopar B block(Stroker 400 - 4.34? bore X 3.75 stroke)
>to expire?  I don't remember the specifics?

>Was it just a lean condition causing critical
>predetonation leading to holes in the pistons
>or cracked rings? or did ya actually throw(i.e.

We had BME aluminum rods in there originally, but the were a little too
long, so we "made" aluminum rods out of billet on the CNC machine.  One
fractured due to the RPMs.  We grossly over-revved the engine.

The rods were find had we stayed under our agreed upon 4200 rpm redline but
unfortunately yet again, we goofed.

So, boom.