Injector Sizing

Frederic Breitwieser Frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Oct 26 18:00:06 GMT 1999

>already based your entire system around that injector spec?

You change your maps.  2-3 hours of time, a 1 buck eeprom, and a beer.

>This may cause ya to have to recreate your entire project from the
>bottom up....

Nope, just change the fuel pressure or the table, or the injector.

You can always do your own research :)  I have boxes of injectors, that are
sorted by flow rate based on my homemade flow tester - not necessarily what
the injector is rated - doing this ensures I use the right injector.  In
fact, on the mopar stroker motor, I had 7 injectors of one size, and the 8th
injector was much larger, but only flowed what the other 7 did.

Flow tester is easy to make - simple fuel rail (or a hose with a tight wire
tie), a glass tube with measurements (beaker maybe), and a 555 timer driving
a simple NPN transistor (or MOSFET if you have a box of them like I do), and
viola, instant flow tester.

Its all based on math :)