Low temp thermostat

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Wed Oct 27 08:13:33 GMT 1999

My guess is that an engine with problems with its digestion ,you can make
the engine run hotter to evaporate the fuel better and have a compleate
combustion at low output.(think emisions)
High output will suffer.Hot air ,less oxygen molecules. You dont need the
hot eviroment to make a better combustion when you have the speed in the
incoming air to mix the fuel and air properly. Depends on engine design of
course.....
Best of both worlds? BMW has ecu controlled thermostat as discussed
before in DIY.
In my oppinion the air and cooling water temps. could be  controlled by
ecm.
I think this could be great for a big cube turbo charged engine to make it
run good and clean at low output and resist ping at boost.

Espen Hilde