Low temp thermostat

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Wed Oct 27 15:53:39 GMT 1999

"David A. Cooley" wrote:

> At 07:10 PM 10/26/99 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >In summary if you have an LT 5 engine in a C 4 body style and I have an
> >LT 5 engine in a C 4 body style and you insist on a water temp of 190
> >degrees and I use a water temp of 159 degrees I will always have more HP
> >on the ground than you.
>
> And a measly 3.8L buick V6 in a 3500 pound sedan will eat your lunch even
> if you're modified!
> (Unless that's a 150 shot I hear hissing in the vette...)

Oh Dave, I wouldn't be so sure... remember, he said an lt5, that's the zr1
motor.  Those puppies put 405hp out (actually, 396 at the rear wheels) in their
last (95) incarnation.  There's a yellow zr1 called the Pineapple Express in
hawaii, which Mario Andretti drove for a publicity shoot a couple of weeks ago...
the car can do over 200mph, it has a stroker lt5 motor (415cid), and is rated at
close to 700hp, all naturally aspirated and completely street legal.  Those are
awesome motors, it pains me that whenever GM finally does a motor right they cut
production.  The motors were designed by lotus and built by Arizona Speed and
Marine.

Daniel